Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not by Might nor by Power but by My Spirit


0181, originally uploaded by Paul & Cheryl.

I have entitled this entry "Not by Might nor by Power but My Spirit" because this reflects the state of affairs in my law school education.
When I got in all I was looking for was to pass my modules and get decent enough grades to practice. I enrolled in a year where the batch of students were particularly good and competitive. These were the best and brightest, many scholarhship holders, accustomed to straight As. I admittedly on the other hand am not. We are all graded on a curve which essentially pits us against each other. So it comes with great shock that I find that almost a year into the course I am not only holding my own but acheiving straight As.

The course has not been with moments when I have felt totally inadequate, lost, confounded, confused, even dumb but God has constantly provided me answers, solutions and knowledge that just pops up in my head out of nowhere. There has been many a time when I didn't think I could do something or understand the answer. Just when the chips are down, God has always provided a sliver of knowledge or word of advice which "turns on the light". It is as if God is saying "Don't doubt Me."

It is incredible that I am understanding and getting stuff that others don't because I am definitely a "brainy" person.

Truly this is a case of neither by the might nor power of my abilities but by God's Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home